The Patient Liaison Committee (PLC) serves the needs of MH-susceptible individuals and their family. The members provide educational materials, access to MH expert consultants, and a support network. It functions as an outreach for one-on-one contacts for individuals who would like to talk to someone with similar experience. The committee members are volunteers who either have MH personally or a family member is MH-susceptible, medical professionals, and others interested in MH. Committee members are:
- Lydia Friedman, Hampstead, MD
- Janis Price, Trussville, AL
The Patient Liaison Committee sponsors a yearly mini-conference for not only medical professionals, but also family members who want to meet and talk to MH expert medical professionals directly.
The PLC brings a sense of patient ownership to support MHAUS and direct involvement by MH-susceptible patients and their families. The committee focuses on increasing MHAUS memberships as well as volunteers for the PLC.
The goal is to have a committee member in every state and province in North America!
- Chapter Groups the build awareness through social activities in your area.
- Faces of MH are stories told by survivors to help us understand MH.
- March is MH Awareness and Training Month highlight of Chapter Group activities.
- MH Let's Save a Life One-Day Conference where medical professionals sit side-by-side with patients learning from MH experts and from each other.
Complete and submit this form to have the PLC contact you.